Get more visibility for your blog posts by connecting the RSS feed of your blog to your Amazon Author Page and your Goodreads profile. Here’s how.
If you blog (and I believe you should), you can find more readers and connect with them by connecting your blog feed to your Amazon author page and your Goodreads profile. You work hard to create content, like blog posts, to help market your books. Put that content to work by adding your blog posts to your Amazon Author Page and to your Goodreads profile.
You may think no one checks your author page so why bother, but you never know who may look at it. Even if it is only a handful of people, having blog posts available gives them another way to connect with you. Setting this up is easy and once done, you don’t have to do anything else.
To help you get started, here are the steps to take to connect your blog to your Amazon Author Page and your Goodreads profile.
These instructions are correct as of December 2021. I try to keep all posts up-to-date, but if you find the layout has changed, please contact me and let me know.
Find Your RSS Feed URL
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. You can read this article to learn more, but I wouldn’t worry about what it is or how it works. You just need the url for your website’s feed.
If you have a WordPress website, you add /feed/ to the end of your domain – https://yourwebsite.com/feed/.
If you website is build on another platform, see this article for help finding your RSS feed.
How to Connect to Amazon Author Page
Note – this is currently available only for Amazon.com author pages
- Log in at authorcentral.amazon.com.
- In the upper left near your profile picture, click on Edit Profile.
- In the right sidebar, click on Manage Blog feed
- On the right side, click on the button that says Add New Feed
- In the next screen, type in your RSS feed in the space asking for it
- Click submit
- A success message should pop up saying your feed will be added in the next 24 hours.
- Make a note to check back in a day or 2 and verify it is pulling in your blog posts
How to Connect to Goodreads
- Log in at goodreads.com
- In the upper right, click on your profile picture. From the drop-down menu, select Author Dashboard
- Scroll down until you see the section titled Your Blog
- Click on Start a Blog or View Your Blog
- Click Sync with a pre-existing blog
- Enter your RSS feed url
- If the feed connects, it will pull up your posts and ask you to verify it is yours
- If the feed is not correct, you can type in a new RSS feed url
Goodreads shows the most recent post on your author profile, with a link to read more on your website.
That’s it! The only other thing I suggest you do is make a note on your calendar to check these connections every 6 months to be sure they are still working.
Watch the Improve User Experience on Your Author Website workshop today. Available only to members of the newsletter list, you also gain access to the Resource Library for Authors containing checklists, spreadsheets, and other tools you can download. You email address will never be sold, and you can unsubscribe at any time.